The Wild Hare Adventure Race provides a premier backwoods adventure racing experience. Using nothing but a map and a compass, racers will navigate through hours of team challenges, continuous trekking, mountain biking and canoeing.
SHORT COURSE (3 - 5 hours)
LONG COURSE (12 - 15 hours)
Photos from the 2012 Wild Hare Adventure Race: 2012 Wild Hare Adventure Race
"After this, everything else will be easier."
"This was the toughest thing I have ever done, physically and mentally."
"I had no idea there were hills like that in Nebraska."
-- quotes from past racers.
The Wild Hare Adventure is hard. But with tough challenges, come great rewards. Find a friend or two that are up for the challenge.
When: September 15, 2012
Start Time: Long course: Will be announced at pre-race meeting. Short course: 10am
What: Trail running, mountain biking (single track, paved trail, paved and gravel roads), canoeing, orienteering, team challenges.
Where: Long Course will be announced at pre-race meeting on September 14th (details below). Short Course will be at the Lake Manawa South Swimming Beach.
- Long Course:
- Racer Check In: Friday, September 14th, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm at the Union Pizzeria & Sports Bar in Downtown Omaha.
- Mandatory Pre-Race meeting: 7:00 pm at the Union Pizzeria & Sports Bar in Downtown Omaha. Maps, important instructions and some race info will be handed out.
- Race start: Will be announced at the pre-race meeting.
- Short Course:
- Racer Check In: Saturday, September 15th, 8:30 am - 9:30 am at Lake Manawa South Swimming Beach.
- Race Start: 10:00 am
- All Solo (long course only), 2 and 3-person teams.
- Male, Female, Coed Note: If for some reason teams can't get a 3rd person or lost a teammate please use the teammate finder on Wildharesracing.com, or post a request on our Facebook page.
- Long Course: $85/person (before September 1st) $105/person (after September 1st)
- Short Course: $55/person (before September 1st) $75/person (after September 1st)
- Fee Includes: Insurance, dri-fit shirt, canoe, paddle and pfd rental, awards, prize drawing, food and drink.
- Registration Deadline: Sunday, September 9, 2012
- Long course awards will begin approximately 10 hours after the long course race start.
- Short course awards will start about 4 hours after short course race start.
- UTM Plotting (long course only): You will be required to read and plot UTM coordinates. Maptools is a great source for learning about UTM.
- Host Hotel:
- A limited block of rooms have been reserved at a rate of $99.99/night. Just mention you are with the Wild Hares Racing block group to receive the rate.
- Hotel room must be booked by September 10, 2012 to receive discount.
- You can book your room by visiting the following link: Holiday Inn Omaha. When booking, enter group code "UWH" to receive your discount.
- Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org